How to increase the personal efficiency and analytical skills of competitive / market intelligence professionals
This workshop is aimed at getting the best out of the most important factor in your competitive/market intelligence environment: You!
To effectively leverage the theories and concepts of the intelligence discipline, personal effectiveness, professionalism and organizational skills are key. This one-day intensive development workshop will help you to review your working practices and enhance these all-important skills and competences to support you in your day-to-day work as a competitive/market intelligence professional. Based upon practical hands-on group exercises, self-appraisal tests and direct feedback on your own individual performance you will be able to work with greater personal efficiency, professionalism and organization for greater CI results!
- Learn about your own strengths and weaknesses with regard to efficiency, professionalism and personal organization.
- Develop a personal effectiveness "survival kit" during the workshop and apply this to your everyday working life as a competitive/market intelligence professional.
- Receive professional development coaching to support you in your future CI/MI career.
- Enjoy the opportunity to share real-life experiences, challenges, and knowledge with competitive intelligence experts and peers from a range of industries.
Skills You Will Take Away
- Ability to effectively generate intelligence: planning, collection, processing, analyzing, and reporting.
- Effective tailoring of oral and written outputs
- Improved analytical writing and presenting skills to engage with senior executives and get their buy in.
- Enhanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage information overload through speed reading and greater personal organization in your work.
- Your personal CI effectiveness: self-appraisal, working as part of a team and reflection
- Conducting competitive/market intelligence needs assessment audits
- Safety nets and survival training: Planning and executing competitive/market intelligence projects
- Critical thinking/problem-solving methodologies for individuals
- Analytic briefing – how to get your message across even in challenging environments (senior management/uncooperative peers)
- Ethics in intelligence projects – creating a guideline for the ethical collection of competitive information
- Presentation skills for intelligence professionals: analytic writing, visualization in reports, oral presentations
- Developing your CI/MI career: Do’s and Don’ts
- Software tools for personal CI effectiveness
One full day from 9:00 to 18:00 (meet & greet from 8:30, tea and coffee served)
- Competitive Intelligence Analysts and Managers
- Market Intelligence Analysts and Managers
- Market Researchers